04 January 2010

Back to business: meet the new projects!

Thanks for letting me share that personal stuff of my previous post with you. I went back and forth about writing and publishing it to the world, putting myself out there, but whether I want it or not, it is part of who I am/who I've become. I don't need to talk about it all the time, but I'm glad I got it out. :-)

And the future looks bright: these are some little things coming to life on the workbench:

  • Fossilized coral (I just lovelovelove it! Look at them! They're practically paleontological murrine! :-D ) pendants and brooches with glass coral branches...
  • Opal glass cabochons with fused murrine, waiting to become pendants, rings, brooches, ... (not sure how to name them yet -I can't call everything microcosmos, can I? :-p )
  • ... and a broad, solid silver ring set with a single murrini. I must give you a better view when it's finished. Right now it's on my finger, as a good luck charm for my upcoming tests at library school. You know, new jewelry needs test driving. It's a very hard and tedious job... ;-)
  • and this little goddess is getting a sister! Now what head to choose...? hehe

I'm also working on a bigger project (relatively speaking) involving torchpulled murrine, fusing and copper and am already dreaming up the next one. So stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment