09 September 2010

a delicate balance // pebbles

How would you balance an egg? And several tiny glass spheres?

a delicate balance: WiP

I allowed myself some play time in the studio last weekend and this came out of it. Of course I didn't have quite enough time to finish it yet but I couldn't wait to give you this first glimpse!

a delicate balance: WiP

The glass spheres balance on 1mm mandrels...just like that necklace with the sprouts I designed in class and I used the last bit of that same silver wire I had molten & pulled. They were fun to make! Juggling with molten glass... :-D

The colors are equally playful: white/black and yellow/orange/red/blue/green in both pastels and transparents, all mixed.

They're going to be pendants & earrings.

The Pebbles now have a different personality: subtle and serene.

pebbles

Preferably with a little ball chain...

I collected all the neutral colors I could find in my studio, all the variations of white glass:

pebbles in all the neutrals I could find:

1 -Vetrofond odd Belgian lace
2 -Vetrofond odd Seashell
3 -Effetre light ivory
4 -Effetre pearl grey
5 -Vetrofond Odd Pink Swirl
6 -Effetre Uranium yellow pastel
7 -Effetre avocado
8 -Effetre sage
9 -Reichenbach CoE94 Sahara
10 -Lauscha Milky Way
11 -Effetre Tongue pink
12 -Vetrofond Odd Ivory
13 -Effetre silver pink
14 -CiM Ginger
15 -Effetre pastel pink
16 -CiM Butter Pecan
17 -Reichenbach CoE 94 Champagne
18 -Effetre white (with stringer to the left) CoE 104
19 -Reichenbach CoE 94 Florence Opaque

In the end I didn't use no.7 and no.9, as their color was a little too pronounced. So I made a bunch of tiny beads...

pebbles

They will be pendants and brooches.

a delicate balance: WiP

No comments:

Post a Comment