15 April 2011

and now for something slightly different...

collage


collage


collage

I made a collage.

I know I should be studying, but I always tend to get inspired in these exam or study periods... Of course I'm not supposed to give in to it, so most ideas get scribbled down a sketchbook. But it is tempting, and now and then I have to let myself go a little...

With glass, metal and fire lacking I have to do with what I can find. Quite literally: this is a little collage made out of a handful of thorns, 3 butterflies, 2 bees, 4 cat's whiskers (probably Yang's and Shelley's), a bumblebee, a mosquito and a pupa. I've collected them over the years, they died of natural causes (or quasi natural, as one of the butterflies was trod on by a toddler :-/ ).
 
I love the organic shape of wings, of thorns, of whiskers...They seem perfect even though each one is different.

The work wasn't all that different from gluing murrine on a sheet of glass -only, with such light wings I had to take care not to breathe to hard! V-e-r-y delicate work. But boy it felt good! And now I I'm satisfied and can get back to the books. Until the next idea strikes... ;-)

1 comment:

  1. wauw, heel aparte collage, maar zo mooi! En allemaal nog goed bewaard, het hommeltje gaat precies elk moment wegvliegen.:-)

    ReplyDelete